Following on from last years course, this course in Thailand aims to recreate that atmosphere of diversity and learning.
The course will consist of a broad range of topics applicable to life anywhere on this planet, yet will be tailored to the needs of the students present as well as the location at hand. As part of the course, participants will help to co-create designs for real world projects that could include elements such as food forests, permaculture-style gardens, natural building, water catchment and irrigation systems. All will have an opportunity to take part in the existing permaculture activities on the hosting land.
In this course, we will cover every major topic in Bill Mollisons: Permaculture: a Designers Manual. What that includes is the following:
1. Philosophies and Ethics underlying permaculture
2. Basic permaculture principles
3. Patterns in Nature and how to use that in permaculture design
4. Methods of design. How to apply permaculture design tools and strategies to your design problems. How to increase your chance on a successful design by following a well defined design methodology.
5. Climactic factors and strategies. We will cover all the major climates and how to work with them.
6. Trees, forests and Forest gardening. How to mimic natural forest systems to create an abundance of food, fiber and fodder.
7. Water: catchment, usage, importance, and conservation.
8. Soil structure, minerals, microorganisms, building new soil and preventing erosion. Learn to work with the soil food web to create a healthy ecosystem and regenerate degraded land.
9. Earthworks. How to shape the land to help it achieve the goals we are aiming for.
11. Natural Building. How to build structures with materials available on-site.
12. Alternative systems. Community living and other ways of living differently that works well for people and the planet. Bioregional organization, community development, alternative economic systems, permaculture as aid.
Each of these categories has subcategories and each teacher also has their own additions and certain topics that are stressed over others.
To get involved please contact email@example.com